“After my experience as a Summer intern at The Kirkland Company, my knowledge and interest of Commercial Real Estate grew exponentially. I was able to work alongside tons of experienced people in the industry who genuinely cared about my experience as an intern. Any time there was a question, they were there to help. I came out of this internship fully prepared to go into the working world and would recommend this to anyone wanting a career in Commercial Real Estate.
-2021 Summer Intern, TCU, Joining TKC Full-Time June 2022
“My experience working as an intern with The Kirkland Company this past summer was extremely educational, and I felt supported by all of the employees as I gained knowledge of the commercial real estate market and trends. I was able to contribute work for active deals and found the close-knit office environment inspiring and something I am thankful to have been a part of.”
-2021 Summer Intern, University of South Carolina
Is This You?
- Have you competed at a high level – played a varsity or collegiate sport, mastered an instrument, or won awards in your current or previous roles?
- Are you someone that wants to put your success in your own hands, and would you run through a brick wall if that’s what it took to succeed?
- Are you willing to take on tedious and challenging tasks whenever necessary for the benefit of the team?
- Are you always reading, listening to audiobooks, or downloading podcasts?
- Do you set and follow through on personal and professional goals?
- Do you set moral boundaries and stick to them no matter the cost?
- Have you left a track record of success everywhere you’ve gone?
What We Do:
We’re a rapidly growing Nashville/Brentwood based Multifamily Brokerage Firm that’s incredibly unique in the way we work together.
What sets us apart? First, we’re willing to do what’s right for each other, our clients, and ourselves – our reputation is more important than the paycheck. We share our time, our knowledge, and our experiences on a daily basis. Second, we’re competitive. Simply put, we love winning (and we’ve got the track record to prove it). This isn’t a normal sales environment; working in our office means being surrounded by people who believe in you and will take the time to help you succeed.
Why We Do It / Our Purpose:
We sell investments to invest in our people and equip them to invest in others.
How We Do It / Our Values:
How we behave with each other, our clients, our community, and ourselves. Our core values are:
- Disciplined Effort
- Do the Right Thing
- Market Knowledge
- Compete to Win
What You Will Be Doing:
- Calling apartment complexes to receive rental information (rent comparables)
- Conducting thorough market research on a variety of different markets
- Marking up aerial photography with area employers, schools, retailers, hospitals, and other demand drivers
- Learning how to underwrite multifamily deals
- Validating CRM information
- Putting together legal documents
- Maintaining the office space – ordering food, organizing closet space, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Scanning in files, running errands, inputting data, and a variety of other tasks
Compensation and hours:
This internship will be paid at a rate of $15/hour, and your hours will be flexible. We want your education to be your top priority.
Still reading? We like you already. Go ahead and send a resume over; we’re excited to start the conversation!